Friday, January 3, 2014

2013 > 2014

After a wonderful holiday and New Years Eve, it's time to get back into my routine. I feel like it might take a while to recover after a few weeks of drinking, fatty foods and more sweets then I'd care to admit. Time to get back to the gym, focus on paleo cooking and dive back into work. 

However, I thought I'd take a minute to reflect on the past year and set some goals for 2014. 

2013

If you would like to see a tutorial for these numbers just let me know!

2013 was quite a year. It was the year of New Beginnings. Two major life changes this year: I started a new job in January and was married in September. Fair to say those are big life events!

New Job
Deciding to leave my job at one of the large consulting firms for a small (75 person) firm was a really huge decision in 2012. I really enjoyed my time at the larger firm. Some highlights:
  • Met my now husband while training there (that's a big one!)
  • Grew as a professional through some serious training (both classroom and on the job)
  • Met some fantastic friends
  • Developed a love for working in healthcare and gained great experience in the Pharmaceutical industry
  • Gained confidence in my work and my ability to deliver value for clients
I hadn't been planning to leave and certainly hadn't been actively looking when I met a few folks from the smaller firm. It's tough to explain, but it just felt like the right fit. The new company was: 
  • Focused only in healthcare
  • Offered more opportunities to be entrepreneurial and really make an impact (due to the size and structure
  • Put emphasis on the individual and balance.
  • Aims to be the healthiest company in the world. A lofty goal, but this value can be felt in every aspect of the company.
I've now been with this company for a year, and I couldn't be happier with the decision. 

New Husband!
Of course, the biggest part of 2013 was my wedding! Kyle and I were engaged in May 2012, so most of 2013 was spent planning for the big day. Let me tell you, it was perfect! I really wouldn't change a thing. 


The best part of all is that I get to be married to the perfect partner for me. He's kind, caring, funny, sweet, outrageous, always improving and wonderful. We lived together for three years prior to getting married, so it's fair to say we know each other fairly well at this point. I'm so excited to be Kyle's wife and I can't wait for what is to come. 

2014

If you would like to see a tutorial for these numbers just let me know!

Well, 2014 certainly has a lot to live up to! This year I have set a number of goals, and Kyle and I have set some goals together. For work we're encouraged to make our personal development goals SMART (specific, measurable, attainable, relevant and time-bound), and I think that's good practice for our personal lives as well. 

Here's a quick look:

  • Buy a house
  • Be more productive (at work and at home)
    • I need to figure out how to make this one measurable. 
  • Continue to foster friendships (new and existing)
    • Visit friends that live far away
    • Get together with friends that live close more frequently

  • Get healthy! 
    • Keep up with paleo
    • Maintain our gym schedules
    • Be more active together (Typically our workout routines involve going to the gym with headphones in, but we want to do more active things that actually allow us to interact as well; running outside, biking, paddle boarding, snowboarding, etc.)
  • Get a dog
  • Enjoy more, stress less
I was inspired this year to create One Little Word that I will try to live each day of 2014. I'll post more about this later.

I'm also trying to get my act together to do a post on Christmas and New Years, so stay tuned. I hope everyone is looking forward to the new year!

xo
Alison

1 comment:

  1. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete