Monday, December 23, 2013

Embracing the Nail Art Trend

I love having my nails painted. For some reason, I just feel more 'put together' with perfectly polished fingers and toes. It's such an easy way to add a little color to an outfit or get festive on a holiday. In recent years (or maybe just to me) it seems that nail art has become a big trend. Going from simple colors to crazy designs. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but I love it!

I'm not terrible at doing my own nails, but it always seems to turn out better when I get them done at a salon. This year for Christmas however, I was able to do my own fun nails since I was home sick. They turned out fairly well (considering I was sick and this was my first time using a nail pen)!


Christmas nails 2013 (Essie: Forever Yummy and Silver Nail Pen)

Thought I'd share some of my other creations over the years. I'll probably add to this post as I come up with new ones!


Fourth of July 2012 Nails (Essie: Forever Yummy, Mezmerised and Set in Stones)
Orange nails for a Flyer's game! (Not sure of the polish as this was done at a salon. Safe to say it's Essie though)

Fourth of July 2013 (Essie: Forever Yummy and Mezmerised)
Essie Sand Tropez (neutral) and Sew Psyched (green) 

One of my favorites for summer (Essie: Turquoise and Caicos with white stripe accent nail) 

My Wedding nails! (Essie: East Hampton Cottage)
Winter mani using Essie's new line sampler! (Mind your Mittens and Toggle to the Top)
Valentine's Nails

Valentine's Nails

As you can see, the designs are far from perfect, but I have fun with it. Typically some of the crazier designs I won't wear to the office. However, a muted accent nail I most certainly will! 

Have a very merry Christmas!

xo
Alison





1 comment:

  1. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete