Friday, January 17, 2014

Lately

Nothing terribly exciting to share this week. Work is very busy right now and we're still trying to find a house, so most of my time and energy is spent on those two things. Little time for crafting or fun! So I thought I'd just share a peek into what I have done with my spare time this week.

I can't fall asleep without picking up a book (or an iPad as the case may be). It drives my husband crazy! I don't know how he does it, but mere moments after he crawls into bed he is asleep. Not me, especially if I get really into my book... This week I'm reading Jodi Picoult's The Storyteller. 



I'm really enjoying this book. I have read almost everything Picoult has written as I love her writing style and character development. One of my favorite book genres is historical fiction, particularly WWII. This book is the best of both worlds for me - historical fiction written by Jodi Picoult! In heaven. I would highly recommend The Storyteller, but have the tissues close by.

After a long or particularly stressful day at work, I also like to have a glass (or two) of wine while I'm cooking and with dinner. Unfortunately, my favorite is white wine which tends to be very high in sugar. That's why when I saw 'The Skinny Vine' I had to give it a try.


Verdict: meh.


Mostly they have sweet wines (Moscato, White Zin) which I HATE. I decided to give the Chardonnay a go since it would hopefully be less sweet. It was, but it certainly isn't a fine wine by any extent of the imagination. As my father would say, it's pedestrian. I enjoyed it, but I wouldn't serve it to guests. I will probably get the Chardonnay again, and if they made a Sauvignon Blanc I would pick it up in a heartbeat. Don't tell my father...


This past weekend I somehow convinced my husband to join me on an excursion to The Container Store. If you haven't been, go. It's organization heaven. There are bins, to organize your bins. 


I wanted to get a few containers to organize Christmas decorations. 3 hours and many many dollars later we left with some Christmas organization and a million other things. I've decided to tackle some odd spaces in the house that are constantly cluttered. It's so difficult to find what you need so we end up buying duplicates of things. Prime example, under the sink in the kitchen. I found this great little plastic bag holder and an over the cabinet shelf and from there I couldn't just leave the space a mess! So... viola!



I found a few other things to organize other spaces in the house and after this successful project, I'm looking forward to it! 

And...



I chopped my hair off! (Ignore my chipping nail polish please) I can't say I'm completely happy with it. Shorter hair is harder to maintain. But it feels really healthy. I think I can grow it out now and keep it healthy. Hopefully.

That's it for now! Hopefully I can share a home update soon. Fingers crossed!

xo
Alison



No comments:

Post a Comment