Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Not enough hours in a day

We're making progress on getting the house in the order, but it is really a slow process. At the end of the work day, after the gym, before I make dinner, finish up laundry or tidy up there is about an hour (maybe half an hour) to get something on my house to do list finished up. It feels sooooo slow moving! 

This past weekend, we spent all of Saturday around the house just getting stuff done and it felt fantastic. We put the furniture back in the guest room, unpacked the remaining kitchen, clothes and bathroom boxes, shopped for furniture (unsuccessfully), and completed our 'garden'. If we just had more weekends without plans we'd be all set! 










I've never had much of a green thumb, and had NO idea what I was doing picking out plants. But it seems to have turned out pretty well! I like the colors together and they all can handle a lot of sun which is necessary being where they are.

Sunday was spent with my dad, brother, sister-in-law and niece celebrating father's day. My mom was on a business trip and Kyle was with his dad, so it was just the five of us. We spent the day around the house just chatting and grilling. It was really nice! I was able to spend time with just my dad, and we don't often get that chance. 

A quick example of how there is truly not enough hours in the day to get the things I want done: It has been two weeks since I've had my nails properly painted! If you know me at all, you know that's a looong time. I can't believe I'm sharing this, but this is what they look like right now:



Not pretty. I should at least take off the chipped polish, but I keep forgetting. I definitely need to get these fixed ASAP. I just don't feel put together without it!

This weekend, Kyle and I are headed to the shore for a long weekend getaway. This was my birthday gift from Kyle and he organized the whole thing. I'm looking forward to a day off work, getting some sun, finishing a few books and spending some quality, non-busy time with Kyle. Ahhhh vacation.

Speaking of which: 16 DAYS UNTIL FAMILY VACAY!!!  We look forward to this week all year and it's almost here! We're all busily preparing for our theme nights. Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!

xo
Alison

1 comment:

  1. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete