Monday, December 29, 2014

Christmas Hot Cocoa Cupcakes

I have officially been blogging (with varying levels of consistency) for a year! I started in December 2013 with So, I have decided to start a blog. Can't believe it's been a year. I've loved building this blog and filling it with my own silly stories and experiences. It's been great to look back at this incredible year. Some blog highlights for me.

All of my cupcakes
So many vacations
A few posts going 'viral' on Pinterest (Our First Christmas, Harry Potter Bridal Shower, and Hair, Hair, Everywhere)
Our House
and of course
Pierce!

Looking forward to many many more. 

For Christmas this year, I went with a comfort beverage combined with my favorite, cupcakes! I found a great Hot Cocoa Cupcake recipe from Lick the Bowl Good and figured I had to give it a try for Christmas. They were FANTASTIC! The cake was so moist and the whipped cream was so much lighter than the typical butter cream icing. Perfect for Christmas day. Enjoy!



Hot Cocoa Cupcakes

½ cups all-purpose flour
¼ cups sugar
¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1/3 cup canola oil
1 cup prepared hot cocoa*
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

2 eggs, lightly beaten

Makes 12 cupcakes.

For the hot cocoa, I used whole milk, unsweetened cocoa powder, a few chocolate chips, and powdered sugar. 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt in stand mixer. Add in canola oil, hot cocoa and vanilla and mix until well combined. Add eggs one at a time, mixing thoroughly between. Fill a lined muffin tin ¾ full. Bake for 18-20 minutes. Let cool to room temperature prior to frosting.




Whipped Cream

¼ cups heavy cream
1/3 cup powdered sugar

½ teaspoon vanilla extract

Combine all ingredients in a stand mixer and beat until thick and creamy, or when peaks form without collapsing.




Decorating

Add the Whipped Cream to a piping bag with tip and pipe onto cooled cupcakes. Smash candy canes and chocolate for garnish. Take a mini candy cane and insert into the side of the cupcake. Bakers note: wait until right before you serve to add the whip cream and decorations. The candy cane will melt into the cupcake and look a bit messy. 

I hope you had a wonderful holiday!

xo
Alison

1 comment:

  1. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete