Wednesday, May 7, 2014

I'm Back!

Oh for shame! I haven't blogged since February!? Yikes! Life has certainly gotten in the way, however, that means tons of things to share. I have been working, enjoying/adapting to married life, with a little bit of travel weaved in. So here is a quick recap of the last 3 or so months:

March:
We started off March with a fantastic trip to Copper Mountain in Colorado with my whole family, including my 6 year old niece Zoe for her first time skiing! It was a fantastic vacation. My parents rented a three bedroom condo right on the base and we spent the days skiing/snowboarding, hot tub-ing and enjoying each others company. 

We all took lessons the first day even though we were all pretty proficient and it was great to learn all the things we did wrong! Ha! But really, it was great to learn new skills and improve on old ones. Kyle and I had a private lesson and our instructor was perfection. He was 40-ish years young, had quit his corporate job in his 30s for the powder and pot lifestyle. He was really funny and was very patient with us.  

This trip will definitely be repeated next year. Hopefully for 2 weeks this time! Here are a few of my favorite pictures:
Kyle and Me

Zoe in her gear!

My parents dancing in the lodge <3
Horrible picture of me, but somehow the only one I have with Rosie!
Later in March, my best friend from college, Krista, and her husband came to visit us. We had a great time, dinners, brunch, brewery tours. I always love having them down, but just wish they lived closer.




April:
April was a fairly uneventful month to be completely honest with you. We had a couple of really big technology deployments that I was responsible for at work, so that took up most of my days, evenings and weekends! We did, however, get to go up to Canada to visit my extended family for Easter. We don't get to see them very often, as it's an 8-10 hour trip, but it's always so wonderful when we do. The last we had seen everyone was at the wedding! There were five of us going up, so we decided to rent a van and all go together. Loved visiting with the extended family, but also really enjoyed our car ride. Lot's of laughs.


Some of the extended family at dinner the night before Easter dinner
May:
Now, I know May has just begun, but it's already been eventful because...


WE BOUGHT A HOUSE!

Finally! We actually close tomorrow and move in on Friday. This has been such a long road, but we are so happy with our new home. It's just a few blocks from where we currently live, right in our desired neighborhood. It checked all of our boxes and we just fell in love when we walked in. I'll share an update about the house and my struggles with decorating I'm sure.

Thanks for catching up!

xo
Alison

No comments:

Post a Comment